Monday, September 24, 2007

VIVISECTION: machinaKafe: disassembly phase on

Disassembly Phase One of machinaKafe explores and de-nudes the "facade" of the object.

Below is a sequence of the striptease. And teased I was! There was more screwing than I expected before I could open this puppy up. The various knobs and points securing the plastic components together are hidden well. These things are not meant to be open with great force. To "gently" pull the components apart, always look under the silicon tabs for hidden screws! The silicon tabs, under the plastic base are (my guess) part the fire safety design of the machine.

This is (in my opinion) a pretty ugly machine, but the design is coherent, and I appreciate that more having held glazed over the various components for many hours.











No comments: