Wednesday, November 21, 2007

(after Montreal) before Montreal

Just before taking off to Montreal and working with the TML at Hexagram, Concordia, I made some additions to "du Still".







I have added two more exit tubes to the copper pot lid, with mechanical valve. Now that I know the machine produces steam, I would like the option to play with multiple tubes springing out from the kettle, allowing to fill more space, creating more play between the observer and the machine. How will they approach the machine, and how will the machine unravel itself?



I have made decisions on how to bend the tube. Looking at the natural shape of the tube, not forcing it to bend in directions beyond its engineered shape. This will affect what kinds of shapes I can generate when in Montreal, perhaps define a geometry within the system of the machin
e.

No comments: